1500 UNIQUE CURVED CONCRETE ELEMENTS, DOES THAT SOUND CHALLENGING? NOT TO US!
May we introduce you to an award-winning project? The OV Terminal Arnhem was designed by architect Ben van Berkel (UNStudio) and won both the Dutch Concrete Award in 2015 and the European Concrete Award 2016. The innovative roof panels are double-bended precast elements, produced using specially designed flexible concrete and flexible moulds. Re-using the moulds increased efficiency and reduced costs. All 1500 elements are one-of-a-kind and together form a unique curved rooftop.
OV TERMINAL ARNHEM
- Double curved elements.
- Fibre and mesh reinforced concrete mix, specially designed for this project.
- Heavy duty concrete / high strength concrete.
- Created with 3D engineering and only 10 re-usable moulds.
- 1500 precast concrete elements.
- Increased efficiency and reduced cost.
List of information
- Architect:UNStudio, Ben van Berkel, Arjan Dingsté, Misja van Veen
- Contractor:Bouwcombinatie OVTA, Ballast-Nedam, BAM
- Facade Contractor:Sorba Projects b.v.